Thu, Oct 29|
Special Session: Emerging Technologies White Paper release
SAFET invites you to a Special Session timed to coincide with the release of a new White Paper focusing on emerging technologies and their application in fisheries management. Speakers: Blue Economy expert Rear Admiral Nick Lambert, geospatial expert Paul Gray and Liz Cox from the UK Space Agency.
Time & Location
Oct 29, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
About The Event
This Special session hosted by SAFET will be delivered by Blue Economy expert Rear Admiral Nick Lambert, geospatial expert Paul Gray and Liz Cox from the UK Space Agency. The webinar complements SAFET’s broader interactive conference series that drills down into more specific areas of fisheries management.
The speakers will walk us through a broad explanation of key technology groupings and a non-partisan view of where and how these technologies are starting to gain traction. Participants will gain a perspective of other technologies and products coming to market, and where they may fit in the ever-changing competitive landscape. The technology areas to be highlighted:
- Space-based Earth Observation technologies and meteorology
- Unmanned Aerial Systems and High Altitude Pseudo Satellites
- Marine Autonomous Systems
- Position, Navigation and Time
- Sensors and IOT
- Data infrastructures (inc. Electronic Catch Documentation and Traceability (eCDT))
- Big Data (inc. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
- Communications technologies and cybersecurity
- How these technologies converge in maritime domain awareness systems (inc. Monitoring, Control and Surveillance)
Session attendees will also receive a free e-copy of the accompanying White Paper, which provides greater detail on each of these technology areas and an accessible glossary of technology terms. The report also brings these technologies to life through 20 short case studies of innovation in action – from historic fishing data being fused with satellite data to forecast the locations of the most fertile fishing grounds to autonomous vessels being used to assess fish stocks when planned operations were disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To sign up, please visit the SAFET website or if you are subsribed you will receive a direct invitation. See you soon!